Sunday, November 11, 2012

Lazy Day

We got exactly nothing accomplished today! Oh well. I think the hubby needed a break, anyway. 
The girls got to free range for a couple of hours today. It was a little rainy and I wasn't expecting the chickens to venture far, but hanging out with the ducks seems to have taught them that water isn't so bad. 

Bottoms up!


In other news.. Money is tight right now but I'm really looking forward to finishing the coop. Scouring craigslist for free plywood is fast becoming an obsession. Here's a badly drawn "plan" for how we want the coop to be. The grey represents where the wire will be, the brown is plywood. There will be a door but I left that out of the drawing. You can see where we already have the pallets up. 
Don't be too jealous of my artistic nature



I'm still on the hunt for more hens to add to the flock. I really wanted to raise a few from chickhood so they'd be nice and friendly, but I think that will wait til I make my meat bird order in the spring, that way I can order some more laying babies at the same time.
Enough musings for now, I'll leave you with a portrait of the chickens. 
Emmy

Missy




No comments:

Post a Comment