Friday, November 30, 2012

New Additions

We picked up two new hens last night. They are Isa Browns, 18 months old. 




They also gave us our first egg! The other hens are still currently freeloading, urgh!



Aaaaand today I picked up four new rabbits! They were free from a kid who is no longer showing them in 4H but they did really well for her last year and she won $800 with them so I guess they're pretty nice! Three bucks and a doe, I'd rather the ratio be flipped but that's okay. We are still hoping to keep a doe from each of the Satins so I will just do some crossbreeding. Originally I wanted to cull two of the Californian bucks and just keep one buck and one doe for that breed, but hubby really wants to keep all of them so we'll see how it goes. Definitely need more does though. Anyway, here they are!

Buck 1, related to the doe so he'll be a cross breeder.

Buck 1 again just 'cause I like the picture

Buck 2

The Doe

Buck 3, biggest of them so will probably breed him to the doe

They even gave me their huge cages which I was very excited about. I have them stacked right now but I need to hang them up, they're bigger than I was expecting so I'll have to rearrange the rabbitry a bit! 



No comments:

Post a Comment