Wednesday, November 21, 2012

New Additions

I have been wanting to add rabbits for quite some time and finally we were ready and an opportunity to get some good stock came along. We found a breeder in Waco who is getting out of the rabbit business. He had several breeds, including Satins. We brought home a buck and two does.

Blue doe. Bred to our buck, due date 12/19/12

Copper buck

White doe. She's bred to a broken black Satin buck.
Babies are due 12/16. 

The buck is a little shy still.  

They are too cute.


Overall I'm really happy with them. I've been handling them on a daily basis so they'll be nice and friendly. Their babies are mostly destined to be meat to feed our family. I am hoping to get a nice buck and doe to keep out of my white doe. If I do that will bring in some more genetic diversity since she's bred to a buck I don't own. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a safe delivery to a bunch of healthy kits. These guys won't be eaten since they're breeders, so at some point they'll get some names.

No comments:

Post a Comment